The Marlin is a trail-worthy daily rider that's perfectly suited for everyday adventures, on and off the trail. A front suspension fork with 100 mm of travel, 21 speeds and mounts for a rack and kickstand make it an ideal choice for new trail riders or anyone looking for a comfortable, stable commuter with the ruggedness of a real mountain bike.
It's right for you if...
You're new to the trail and you’re looking for a real mountain bike that doubles as a commuter – and you want it all at an exceptional value.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminium frame with internal routing to protect your cables and add to the bike's sleek look, 21 speeds, a wide range of gearing so you always have the right gear for your terrain, hydraulic disc brakes that feel smoother than mechanical disc brakes and a suspension fork with 100 mm of travel – that's the same amount favoured by most cross-country racers.
The final word
It’s built in Trek's MTB heritage, making it more than capable of taking on trail adventures. But it's also versatile, and Marlin is a popular ride on college campuses because the rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorise and haul a load.
Why you'll love it
- It's a real mountain bike that's also perfectly suited to daily commutes, rides around campus or just getting from A to B on any surface
- Smaller frame sizes (XS and S) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
- It has separate brake and gear levers (a feature that's common on more expensive mountain bikes) so you can fine-tune the positioning for comfort
- Rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorise, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Like every Trek, it's backed by a lifetime warranty
We deliver and pick up bikes in a 60 km radius (including Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Gordons Bay, Worchester). The mimum amount of bikes we deliver or pick up is 3 bikes.
Your bike rent includes a helmet, spare tube, little pump and a water bottle